- 300 Main St. Rio Vista, CA 707.374.4910 email@example.com
What is your role in Jesus’ story?
The beauty of John 15 that has captured my soul is the reality that the life of Jesus can flow through us! Jesus does the will of the Father and reveals His ways to us as His Spirit guides us in this abiding life. Note the context of chapter 15 and let us not miss that chapters 14 & 16 speak of the role of the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit is both working and leading focus on Jesus’ teachings. We abide with Jesus and He abides with us through His words, love and commands.
What a tremendous hope is ours in the midst of a world that is falling apart. The fullness of God for us. The kingdoms of this world clash for what they think is supremacy. Instead, a veiled pride only serves self-aggrandizement. Hope is our gift of grace. It serves as a counter-cultural force in our lives. We do not have to be rude and push our agenda. Nor do we skate through life by the skin of our teeth. Rather we live in the fullness of His joy!
Hope is a gift of grace. It is not something we find in ourselves but God reveals Himself as the provider of hope. Therefore, let us ponder the provisions of Jesus in John 15. Consider these, which I am sure is an incomplete list, as a powerful corrective to hopeless and joyless living. God, in Holy Trinity, provides…
- Life as I abide (vs. 1)
- Pruning to be more fruitful (vs.2)
- Cleaning (vs. 3)
- Fruit (vs. 4)
- Any meaning and purpose in life to counter nothingness (vs. 5)
- Opportunity for a relationship with Him (vs. 5)
- Answered prayer (vs. 7, 16)
- His own glory (vs. 8)
- Proof we follow Him (vs. 8)
- Love (vs. 9)
- Commands (vs. 10,12)
- Spoken words (vs. 11)
- Full joy (vs. 11)
- A shepherding example (vs. 9, 10)
- The greatest love ever (vs. 13)
- Friendship (vs. 14)
- A changed identity (vs. 15)
- Revelation from the Father (vs. 15)
- Selection and appointment (vs. 16)
- Lasting/abiding fruit (vs. 16)
- Means for improved relationship with others (vs.17)
Just a reminder that every month we produce a prayer guide so that we can, as one body, pray together as we keep our focus on Jesus. Wither you pray with one of our prayer groups, community groups or on your own, I hope these will continue to bless your prayer life!